The human and the "smart" one.

The human and the "smart" one.

Of my years of working with various types of people from all walks of life, I finally come up with a summary of two major groups in the working force; the human and the "smart" one.

Over the years, i have discover who I really am and somehow has my own style of working, which I would be able to call "my style". This style of mine can be the trigger of revealing the human and the "smart" one around me. Allow me to define further.

The human is all about feeling. When someone is so busy with their tasks and duties, the human who is so free, would somehow start questioning his/her role when noticing his/her teammate is so busy while they are just shaking legs, waiting for time to go home, browsing social media, window shopping online, etc. When a human have the feeling of guilty, that's when they will approach the busy one to offer to help ease the burden. That's being human, because you know the purpose you are working or being paid to do work and not something else. You have the intuition deep within that I also want to learn and contribute to the company/organization. I am here for a reason.

The "smart" one is the opposite. When the "smart" one notices his/her teammate is so busy, while they are so free, they will continue to be free because to them, someone else is already doing the work so let them do it while they just reap the rewards. So the "smart" one will just continue being free although they have the means and capabilities to help, but chooses not to.

So then, i put the question to you. Look at yourself. Who do you define yourself to be? the human or the "smart" one. The choice is yours. but let me tell you who I was...i guess you already know by now.... Yes! I am not the human nor the "smart" one. i was the busy one in the team!

However you choose to be in your career, just bear in mind of the consequence of your choice. Being human will get you far but being "smart" will cause you temporary benefits only but suffer in your later years. Why? Because being human will allow you to grow a step further, to know that there is always opportunities to learn new things...and it all starts with just a little bit of initiative. knowing that you want to upgrade yourself, not for the company/organization sake, but for your own sake.
Being "smart" will gain you short term benefits, but how far can it take you? since you are only depending on the work of others while you sit and reap the benefits. People are dispensable. One day of the person who you depend on is not there anymore, you will suffer...and that is when you will learn to be human.

My take on this. Be a human. Do the right thing. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

unworthy

A Year Older...

I'm Not The Only One