Bringing Hope

hmm....its been a while since my last post...well, lets just say I had problems with the internet connection, which disallowed me to blog whenever I want to...so it wasn't my fault, but the computer's!


familiar? of course...being humans, generally...we would always find all possible reasons to break free from feeling the guilt... we would always want to find a "scape-goat" just so that we are able to escape from the whole situation and be free from responsibility... as the  saying goes, "ignorance is bliss".... true for those who are ignorant, but what about the one who was being ignored?


having my own fair share of experience, I can say that I had the privilege to be on the other side of "phrase"...meaning, I was the one being ignored...and it is really not blissful at all... to be ignored is annoying, it shows your unworthiness and the lack of responsibility...and im talking not just in terms of workplace, but it can be related to just about anything...among friends, families, neighbours, etc...


and that led me to another question....how does it feel like to be ignored ALL the time? I can imagine the anguish that these "victims" might feel...especially those who are not as fortunate as us, barely enough to make ends meet, just enough to survive daily and just taking that one-day-at-a-time style of living.... it is sad to see such, and again, I find that it is a privilege to be exposed to people who are having such difficulties...because in them, you are able to learn so much....that life worth so much to them...even the simplest help and assistance that you are able to provide to them, you can see how grateful they are to you.... and I learn that materials may not be necessary, but just by being there, talking to them, lend a listening ear, they are already grateful...and all because they were ignored previously.... your presence is enough to lighten their day....


thus, although reality is harsh to us, but whenever we are given the chance to help these underprivileged people, I feel the joy in helping them...joy not in terms of being proud that you are doing something and telling other people about it (basically brag), but rather the joy knowing that your subtle help is bringing about a change in their lives! and that is why I would never stop helping people (even though it really takes a lot of sacrifice), if I am able to, not because I want to show to others what I am doing, but knowing the fact that we are bringing hope to these people, letting them know that there is always hope in this world.


God bless us all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

unworthy

A Year Older...

I'm Not The Only One