The Blind Dog

I was just looking at my blind dog yesterday,...yes, you read it correct, my blind dog. My dog is blind, just a few weeks ago. it is a sad finding but it has been expected long due to his breed, which is very prone to such blindness at his current age now...nonetheless, as hard as it is for him, it is also equally hard for us to adapt to his condition...

yeah, as I was saying, i was watching and observing how he has been reacting to sounds, since he can no longer react to his sight. his other senses are now heighten and being used more frequent, and mostly. his hearing. He would just bark at anything that irritates him, without knowing the source of the sound. Whatever that bothers him, he would just bark, and would not stop till the sound stops. Imagine if a neighbor was renovating his house, he would just bark at whatever sound the equipment make. And that was what happened yesterday. imagine the irritation!

although i might be irritated for a moment, but that got me thinking and reflecting who we are as a human being altogether. How my dog reacts, is just exactly like how we, normal human beings, would react. Although we may not bark like the dog, but we would just shout, fight back, argue, etc. anything with our voices, just to make ourselves be heard, whether right or wrong. Whatever that irritates us, we will just "bark" till the sound stops, without bothering the real reason for the sound, without taking the effort to know why. And what happens when we bark at the sound? it gets even louder....only if we are lucky, will our barks quieten the sound, but that is not always the case, isn't it?
This is just the reality of our world today. we always just bark anything that irritates, anything that disturbs our comfort, anything that distracts us from our routine, anything that just does not allow us to do what we are doing. And we will never stop till we get back to our normal routine, in our quiet comfortable zone, in our own agenda, in our own lives. Sad isn't it?

However so, that got me thinking as well. as i tried my very best to comfort my barking dog, i realize that he listens to me. he is aware of his surrounding and begin to trust my sight and listen to my voice. He stops barking, knowing that the situation is under control and his bark is not necessary anymore. And that is just what we need to do. when we stop to listen, to listen to the other voice, to listen to the voice within us, we will stop barking. When we trust our sight, when we trust our guts, when we trust our instinct, we will stop barking and take the necessary action. Only then will we stop barking.


God bless us all. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

unworthy

A Year Older...

I'm Not The Only One