My whatever-colour grass


So life decided to take me on an adventure. Its been an exhilarating ride so far with so many commenting of how good my life currently is...or well, my career for that matter.... oh well people, life is always greener on the other side...I see your grass green, you see my grass green too... its just how we do what we do to keep it looking green in your eyes, hiding the weeds and the dark patches away from sight.


That's just what life is all about. We always strive to always feel good, but admit it....we always strive to look good for others...we always want to appear looking successful in front of our peers, we want to boast about our holidays or our travels around the world, we want to let them know the amazingly beautiful people we met at work...we just want to "be out there"...looking good in the eyes of others.


but why? ever ponder on this? life is created by us. we craft our own lives.


Many years ago, during my high school days, a thought struck me. I was suddenly awaken with the thought that all we do in all aspects revolved around a 6 letter word. CHOICE. What we do, what we feel, how we act. everything is chosen by us to be such. no one to blame, no one to slain. That's the true fact. And I have kept it in mind over those years. and that was the main backbone that is pushing me till today.


And lately, after so many years, I am astonished to see this being brought up again as one of the 7 habits of highly effective people! Wow! and people who were with me in that workshop seemed fascinated by it, and I was like "err.....didn't I decipher this years back..." oh well, who am I to judge.


the point is this. I still believe in this. everything we do is really just revolving around that word. Even now, you are CHOOSING to continue reading this post although you have a better thing to do than this, right? there is always a choice. so easy for me to say it, but yeah, I do struggle with this notion quite a bit, especially when times get rough and the easiest way to blame is always "I have no choice"......


I was asked today, "how come I see you don't travel overseas that often?" I was dumbstruck. I didn't know what to answer. I just mumbled something (of which I now have no recall of what I said). and that inspired me to write this post. What I do is never to make people envious of me or to make them see the grass is greener on my side. But rather, I want to do things to make me feel happy of my grass, regardless of what others may say about it, I just want to be happy and proud of whatever-colour grass I have in my lawn.


God help us all. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

unworthy

A Year Older...

One after another