Better Oops than What Ifs

i write about my work previously, and in most of my few posts too...so obviously that work has taken centre stage to me these past months.


or rather i drown myself in my work because of the effect my work has on myself and the people i work with. it gives me a certain contentment which is the driving force for me to strive better with each day, though it never gets easier but tougher everytime.


as much as contented i am with work, i find it sad and dissapointed to a certain aspect with my life as i fail to share these feeling with those in the similar field as me. as much as i would want others to be in the same state of mind as me when it comes to the work i am doing, it sadden me when i heard the other person, whom i have tried to groom decided to call it quits on this. maybe it is because the lack of experience and the inferiority that she feels when it comes to this nature of the work.. that brings me to the reason i am blogging today.


i think i have talked about this previously, but i could not recall. somehow this bothers me one way or another. i find that my persona is somehow becoming a "threat" to others or rather other people are intimidated by me.


with all the nonsense and troubles i got myself into for the past years,  i somehow appear to be a person who is bold and daring enough to take risk and make a decision. This is something i find alot people are afraid, all because they are afraid of failure, afraid of rejection, afraid of what others may think of them. And because of that, people often look up to me instead for decisions rather than making one themselves.


I have to admit that i do like the attention, but sometimes it gets to my annoyance that people are not able to decide for themselves but needed someone to do it for them all because they are afraid of losing their reputation, losing their job, losing their status. Well, i honestly cannot blame them for i was also once like that too.


oh well....all i can say is that i cannot force people to be like me. i am who i am and i am proud of who i am and what i have turned out to be, though many at times i am also ashamed of who i am. but that is what life is all about.


it is all about taking the risk. daring enough to take chances because life is too short to just stop and think of the what ifs. the time of "what ifs" would be better used if we used them to do it and learn from it rather than to just imagine it.


As a friend once told me, "better opps than what if". of which i fully agree. only through failure and dissapointments can a person learn to build themselves up. nobody will be able to build you or mould you into who you want to be, but yourselves.


So help us God. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

unworthy

A Year Older...

Joy and Simplicity