Not proud, but blessed...my journey

Something triggered me to write today...on a Monday morning...which is very rare...but I suppose it is something worth writing up, that I am writing it now...


It was triggered by a question from a colleague (well, more like a series of questions....) but just to make the story short, the main question was, "what did I face/do to get where I am today, in terms of my carrier?" well technically, there is two question there...what did I do and what did I faced.....


Well, although the question wasn't directed straight to me, but that got me thinking on my own part.... where was I today, 6 years ago.... (that was when I started....6 years ago...wow...time flies).....


24.08.2009...where was I? hmmm.....I was a mere microbiologist, just starting out into the real world...just started my job 2 months ago...and still a fresh graduate, just learning the gist of the industry. it was not very intimidating to me, honestly, in terms of technical knowledge or background, well I suppose because I was just fresh from university then..so my technical knowledge was still very much at the back of my hands... but it was rather a "culture shock" for me in terms of the working environment...more because of the language barrier that I am facing...well, what can I summarised, but the fact that I am not fluent in the Chinese language like everyone is there...there is certainly a barrier in terms of communication, but somehow, I managed to survive...I don't make it a obstacle for me to move or to grow in my career back then...and I am a living proof of that.... things was indeed not a bed of roses, but somehow, the whole experience of my very first job was the stepping stone or rather the foundation block of who I am today...


and looking at where I am today...well I would rather address it as where I am today rather than who I am today, because what makes me who I am today was because where I am today (hahaha.....complicated no?)... I have been through a lot to be where I am today, and although it may not be the final place for me in terms of my career, but it is somewhere I feel comfortable for various reasons; growth and opportunities....


and indeed, looking at my own personal journey these past 6 years (and counting), it is really very interesting and exciting...it has moulded me into what I am today, and I am very blessed for such experience...not proud, but blessed...emphasize on that...there has been more down than up, but that has not deterred me from anything....it's the motivation and grace of God in me that always kept me going, knowing that I am made for a reason..and the reason is to never give up, but to strive further..


Thank you God. Amen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

unworthy

A Year Older...

I'm Not The Only One