Sometimes God sends us angels

New year, new post...........eh, rephrase, new Lunar year, new post.... still not too late to say HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR! Yeeehaawwww.... (that's my version of a horse's neigh...hehe)....

hmmm.....been missing my blog. as usual, i have so many things on my mind which i always wanted to pen down but can't usually find the time (ok well, more like i'm just giving silly excuses)... so things are pretty interesting over the last few weeks. Started off with a weekend away in Cameron. A weekend of tranquility, serenity....or rather, a very needed break for myself...after too much non-stop-happenings prior to that. It was a good weekend, and it somehow changed me in someway or another, subtle changes, but very appreciative of that change.... God willing!

then it was the CNY week...i think it speaks for itself because CNY is all about get together, whether it is with friends or families...and indeed it was. A wonderful week it was...and not too sure why, but somehow this year has been different compared to previous years, in a good way....well, lets just conclude that it is just a sign of growth (hehehehe)

well, getting back to reality after all these festivities was indeed not a nice thing....honestly, who would not want to have fun and relaxation all the time, instead of having to toil with the routine working life...and how bad can things be but to be welcomed with a breakdown of my car in the middle of the highway on the way back to kl! one sentence to kill the curiosity over what happened: i knocked into a steel on the road, which then knocked one of the hose connecting the petrol tank to the other parts of the car, which causes my car petrol to leak.

well...there is certainly two ways to look at my situation. one, why am i so stupid to roll over the steel when i can avoid it, if i really thought about it. well, reason being so is because i could not avoid it IN TIME as i was driving at a high speed and there were cars to my left and right. so the smart-ass side of me thinking that it is just a steel rod and no big deal...then tadaa! look at the damage done...

the other view, i am really lucky to be alive and able to blog about it now. exaggerating? you can say so, but that's how i really felt. Imagine what could have happen if the family did not take the effort to drive next to me to let me know of the leakage? or what could have happened if i continued to drive all the way and got stuck halfway with no petrol? or what could have happen if a driver or a motorcyclist happened to be overtaking me and throwing his/her cigarette bud towards my car? it could have been like any drama on TV and I would have died!! and what strike me most after all has been settled was what my sister told me. she said, "sometimes God sends us angels". and indeed it was. i believe everyone that i encountered through this 'episode' was indeed God-sent angels. from the family who frantically advice me to get out of the car immediately, to the tow-car guy who braved the traffic on the other side of the road just to see whether do i need a hand, to the mechanic who helped stop the leakage temporary and assuring me that he can help me fix it on that day itself and even to the owner of the workshop who was being honest that the spare part fixed into my car would be taken from another car due to lack of stock. These were angels working around in their own unique way. Thank God for thee. and taking a step back and looking at all these again, there was an angel with me all the while, as throughout the whole ordeal, i was very calm and peaceful. i wasn't anxious, i wasn't worried, i wasn't afraid, i was just being my cool self...and honestly, i am surprised with myself. The same kind of feeling that i experienced during my retreat in Cameron. Calm, peace and serene. Perhaps, this was the changed that happened in Cameron. A subtle one then, but now seemed surreal; an increase in faith for God.

it is a testimonial which i am bold enough to claim it as one. because i do see the difference now, when i reflect on it. i was a total wreck when my car battery died on me in Puchong. i was frantically calling and trying to start my car over and over again, even though there was a workshop just down the road! but what happened to me in the middle of the highway, which was certainly worse that what i experienced in Puchong, was totally a different me in it. A more compose, a more calm and a more trusting me. Trusting that God will always be there, helping us mysteriously if we would just allow him to. 

I can never be thankful enough for what has happened. I thank God for the angels sent and indeed, they were. Amen!   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

unworthy

A Year Older...

I'm Not The Only One