The gift of waiting

Wait. Yes, we wait. That was what Fr. Alberto shared in his homily today which was so true and so relevant to everything and everyone.

Humans just tend to wait, but somehow, only the patient and the determined one will be able to withstand the waiting and reap the end rewards. We wait alot. We wait for our paycheque at the end of every month, we wait for our meals at restaurants, we wait for our friends who we have made plans to meet up, we wait for better opportunity to come our way, we wait and wait and wait...but all with the same principle behind it; We wait in faith!

Yes, faith is the reason and the answer to our realities. We have faith in God and therefore we lift up our anxieties and troubles to him, knowingly our waiting will bear answers from Him. We have faith in our families, and therefore we wait for them to come together for meals and celebrations. We have faith in ourselves and therefore we earnestly wait for better things to come in the future. We have faith in our friends and therefore we wait for them to realize that we will always be there for them. We have faith and we wait. And when you faithfully wait, you will find that your waiting is so fruitful, so rewarding, knowing that it was all worth it. and Fr Alberto put it so well; Waiting is not a burden, it is a gift!

Well, what I say here might not be so understandable to many out there, but this is just an honest discovery that I experienced about waiting. Imagine waiting and praying for almost 10years for your prayers to be answered, and finally it has been? The joy of it is really an unexplainable feeling, and though I am not the person I am referring to now, but when this was conveyed to me, I can hear the joy in the voice, I can hear the relieve in the voice, I can hear the thankfulness in the voice, I can hear the praise in the voice, I can hear the faith in the voice. Indeed, God is all merciful and all powerful, and certainly by being faithful and never giving up on him is surely rewardful at the end. It was a real testimony of waiting in faith. And I will always remember that voice I heard of contentment and of faith in God. God bless "you" and everyone. Amen.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

unworthy

A Year Older...

I'm Not The Only One