Fear and Simplicity

And so I am back to my home country... I do not know how to describe the exact feeling, whether I am happy, or be relief or just being neutral... honestly, I am more excited and interested to what is next in line for me; the next phase in my career after having gone through intensive "brain washing and wishing"...just hoping all of it went through smoothly...

Well, the reason I am posting is not just about my "home-coming"...but rather something struck me about me again...oh well, doesn't it always is such; that I am always just posting things here whenever things strike me at just about the slightest thing that can flick my mind. "click"

It was a remark that a few people gave me, after knowing of my adventure in the foreign land through my postings on social media.. what fascinated me was that they were amazed at how many interesting things I could discover throughout my time there, even though they have been going to the same place more frequent than me, having prepared more "cash" than what I have brought along... but nonetheless, it struck me... that how simple things in life can bring satisfaction in me!

I know this is something not new, something which I was aware about myself long ago, but this few remarks just justified that even further.

I began to realize how people always perceive things when they are not in their comfort zone. whenever they are challenge to be out of their comfort zone, they tend to search for "that" comfort zone that they are so familiar with i.e. the comfortable living environment, comfort food that is so called "quality food". I'm not pin-pointing, but it is rather funny that people, when in a foreign land, then to look for their "home-land" in a foreign land. make sense?

Well, make it simpler. I noticed that people who are so comfortable with their definition of "comfort and safe" will always try to search for things that match such definition they make. so much so that they are blinded to the things that are just so near around them, but rather hunt for those far and wide, even though those far and wide items may not guarantee to meet their definition of "comfort and safe". make sense?

and to further analyse it.... I discovered the root cause of it all (hahahaha.. the QC in me just wants to pop out...root cause analysis)... I somehow discovered, the root of all these "hunt for comfort" is all because of a four letter word; F.E.A.R.

It is all so natural to have some form of fear in us. just as my previous post about being in a foreign land. I was fearful of what I got myself into, but eventually, I began to embrace it and then on, see the beauty in just the simplest thing in front of me. things that not everyone is able to appreciate, but just the simple fact that life is much more simpler that we always think it is.

Fear of unable to meet our own expectation, our own definition of "comfort", will only put us in much more misery and negativity than we ever realise. I came to terms with such conclusion from listening to experiences of people, observing the people around me and also through communicating with the people around me.

Analysing the feedback that was given to me, just justify this thought of mine which lingered in me for a while, that we are all governed by fear. but... it also made me aware, through my own experiences.... that if we learn to embrace the fear in us, letting go of the fear... we would certainly learn to appreciate life even more... I have more to share about this topic...the mind is just buzzling with thoughts circling this topic, but if I were to cramp it all in one, it would have lost its initial substance.... I shall post on those next time (when those strikes me more distinctive than now)..

Till then, learn to embrace the fear to learn to appreciate the simplicity of life and its beauty around you.

So help us God. Amen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

unworthy

A Year Older...

I'm Not The Only One