Being bold

in the mood of a post...and here I am..hahaha.... (what an introductory line)... oh well..

So relating to my previous post about "fear and simplicity", something relating to that is what I would want to share about..

And so I discovered fear once again yesterday, in the form of the same question being put forth to me (as per my previous post)... but this time, an additional phrase startled me further "I don't dare.."

the simple 3 words that easily display fear in a person that speaks a volume of who he or she is. but instead, I prefer to reflect it upon myself.

Having heard that phrase, I began to think..."so does it meant that I was a daring person?" oh yes indeed! I think some of my friends can vouch for what I said seeing what I did on foreign land. but then again, this "daringness" do not come overnight nor was I born with it.

Believe it or not, I use to be someone very timid. yes yes, it does not reflect in my physical attributes, but I was once a shy person (or maybe I still am...hmmm....) I always fear of trying something new and prefer to just stick to the safer route, the routine of every other normal people on this planet. To me, trying something new will only categorise me as a freak...

BUT...jeng jeng jeng...here comes the fun part.... I changed!.... like duh... obviously, right? I began to "rebel" and decided to be the odd one from my siblings. I decided to not stay in their shadows, but instead build my own. and so my "boldness" bloomed...

I came to terms with myself that life must not be wasted, so have to live it to the fullest. be weird, be bold, be brave enough to try things at least once in a lifetime. surely there are times when I do fear, not that I changed into a heart of steel, but rather chose to embrace the fear and transform it into something else.

I believe when we are brave enough to embrace the fear we feel, we will be able to overcome whatever challenges that is thrown towards us. Yes, easier said than done, but it is possible. nothing is impossible until you say it is.

So help us God. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

unworthy

A Year Older...

I'm Not The Only One