The idea of helping others

another post...yeah, obviously I have been very hardworking in blogging lately... well in fact, I am just too free that I began to think things..that's what the mind does; always working even though physically you aren't... and so the mind works, and the fingers listen to it...so type type type away....

well actually what I wanted to type now has been lingering in my head for a while... not having something concrete to write upon until now....

the idea of helping others

The common concept of helping others is always physical help, i.e. helping the old to cross the road or to carry their things, lend a helping hand to victims of natural disasters, feed the poor, etc etc. all physical works. that is what people often associate "help others" with. That's what the majority mndset is, well, to be honest, I admit I was once that majority too...maybe am still is, at times... and often times than not, such mindset gets me in such "shitty" situation of feeling guilty for not being able to "help others" (in that physical manner) with my current career condition of not having the opportunities as before.

Let me speak abit about my current career situation. My recently changed job, well about 3 months plus ago, to a dream job (i would call it as such), and certainly, i would want to give my very best at it and not allowed any slightest thing to jeopardise this new job of mine altogether. well, i wrote about this a few post before (look it up if you are interested..i think somewhere in September 2017)...

So my job takes me to places; i travel for work. it is part of the job, having not travel means bad news because that means I have nothing to do, which means less business, and which means less bonuses to go around, etc.... well, so, because of the nature of my work, even though I am only at the early stages of the job, i decided to reduce my involvement in the "physical help" i render to others.... some may think I am beginning to be selfish, but i just needed to not let people be so dependent on me when i really will not be able to be there for them all the time in the future..yes, it got me feeling very guilty and was struggling with such for a while...

Well, then i started to think..(yeah, i think alot...the mind just does not want to leave me in peace)... my choice of reducing the "physical helping of others" does not indicate I am helping others less, I am just helping others in a different manner.

My job involves mainly on the sick, the patients, those who needs medical attention whether in a grave state or just a mere medical examination, but briefly, 'representing the sick'. I may sound as if I am such a noble human being, fighting for human rights, the sick patient rights, but no, i humbly decline such notion. I am just merely helping people in different ways than the common. I am given this opportunity to help these type of people (the sick) which not many is able to, and for that, I am deeply humbled by this opportunity to serve the human race. i believe this was my calling after all these years for wanting to help the needy. my calling of helping people in the right platform, using whatever talent or capabilities that is given me by Him above.

so lead back to the bold blue line, helping others does not necessarily means physical help. there are various forms of help that we can render to the people around us. People often tell me, that the simplest form of help is to pray for them. So take a minute or two and say a simple prayer for someone out there whom you think needs it. Pray from the heart.

Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

unworthy

A Year Older...

I'm Not The Only One