Empty

i followed my lecturer today to her church, True Jesus Church at Jalan Templer. she was asking me and my coursemates to follow her there since the afternoon, so we gave in to her...i admit, i was doubtful at first because i don't really want to engage in religious stuff other than my own religion, but part of me would want to discover other religions and see how different they are from my own...


after persuading my coursemates to come along, we finally gathered together (5 of us in total) and waited for our lecturer to come pick us up, as she had told us too. we were all anxious, worried of what to expect, thinking of how to interact with our lecturer along the journey there, etc. its such a funny situation among us....then she arrived!! zoom...came a red Honda City!..and we headed off....


we arrived at the place after about 20 minutes journey. The church was a small, little, nice and comfy, air-conditioned church, with pews and a raised platform with what looks like an altar. then i looked around, and i noticed, there wasnt a single cross at all. no indications that it is a church, apart from the signboard at the entrance...but i adore the flowers, they were just so beautiful. the people there were friendly and welcoming, thought they were full of warmth, i was freezing cold by the air-conditioned...hehehe.......


it started off with a hymn, then a few introductory speech by their members and then the pastor came to preach. he preach about : the truth! it is a very subjective matter and it is a word with various meanings, depending on how you look at it. He was speaking on life and death, the God who is our Creator and also on getting to know your God. all in all, i think it is a good preaching, however, on a personal opinion, i think that it was a little too general, it was 'surface waters' and didnt really got into the 'deep waters'...i felt that something was missing : GOD. though he was speaking and preaching about God, i felt empty...i felt as if it was just a talk, a normal lecture and wasnt really preaching about God. I didnt feel it....no ummpph (as my friend once said)

then after the preaching, was a choir performance from a group from Sabah. their voices were just beautiful, melodiously singing and praising God. then it came to a prayer session. i was anticipated because i would actually like to see how they pray....and true enough, they were diferent. They were speaking in tongues (i think so lar..cause it sounded like that) and it frightened my two friends who witnessed these for the very first time. it bring back memories of my own feelings when i was in their shoes long ago....the service then ended and supper was served!

in summary, the whole experience was something new and different. i get to witnessed people of almost the same faith, worshipping God in their very own way. its nice to see the diversity of 'woshipping methods', but one thing in common : we are all worshiping God because He is just the mightiest and greatest for all generations, and deserved of all praises...However, do not worry (especially my dad). I am still a CATHOLIC and will forever be. I am and will be standing strong and firm to my faith and nothing will ever changed my stand! Alleluia! Praise the Lord! I am glad to be a CATHOLIC!!

p/s: this post is just a personal opinion of mine. if i hurt anyone, sorry, it is unintentionally. don't take it to heart =)

Comments

Unknown said…
good for you to attend that True Jesus Church service. I'm a True Jesus Church member in Taiwan. You're very welcome to True Jesus Church. Feel free to ask me any question on True Jesus Church. God bless you .

Popular posts from this blog

unworthy

A Year Older...

I'm Not The Only One