Christmas

I am searching for Christmas....does that sound bad? oh my....at this very moment, i seriously am not looking forward at all for Christmas..there seem to be no Christmas mood at all...radio's are not playing Christmas songs, TV are not airing Christmas advertisement...nothing....which results in my current state of mind...NOTHING......oh no......

Christmas o Christmas, where art thou? I am searching deep within for it...or looking it at another point of view, have i "grown" instead?? I used to look forward to the caroling, the songs, the presents, the decorations...but now, even with the minimal presents and songs playing, there is really no feel of Christmas at all, but instead I am looking it into a bigger picture...which is the family unit!

Christmas is always the time where families get together..the joy, the laughter, the stories, it never ends whenever Christmas is here..it's where we are able to catch up on each other,update each other, etc etc..and now, rather than preparations in terms of materials (tree, lights, shopping for presents), it is now more into the inner being for me...haha..sound so serious...it is the mental and emotional preparation instead that will and hopefully make me feel the joy of Christmas at the end of it all... the preparation that i meant here is more of the struggles and anxieties that we are facing now, with Christmas as our hope and joy at the end. Sacrifice after sacrifice, all for the sake of the family which will then demonstrate the true meaning of Christmas.

maybe this year, it is a humble Christmas for me,since i am no longer looking at it materialistically (if there is such a word)..i am looking at the inner change in me this Christmas..perhaps, thats the reason I do not feel or "see" Christmas with my eyes, because those things are unseen, but rather I am seeing it with the heart and soul....Blessed Christmas to all =)

(note to self: i initially want to write this post with a totally different meaning, but it ended up into something else which i did not realize all this while...God works mysteriously to show us his light and message)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

unworthy

A Year Older...

I'm Not The Only One