Birthdays

The mandatory birthday post.

Haha. It has become a habit now for me to post something before the day or on the day itself. Something that I do to look back at how far I have come over the past year...much to be thankful for? much to regret? much to change? to move forward better....

So, as my mum puts it...I am finally more than 30 today. To her, it was a big deal. to surpass the 30 mark, even though I told her I have been having a 3 in front since last year, but according to her, this year is different, because I passed that border and entering into another phase....haha...oh well, mum and her logic...

Birthdays have always been something I look forward to every year, until I met someone who does not bother at all about birthdays, or better, hates it. to even wish people on their birthday or being wished on theirs.... I honestly find it funny, because I have always growing up celebrating birthdays. Maybe I was just being lucky to be able to celebrate it, not like this someone.... to people, it may be ridiculous to celebrate birthdays since it comes by every year...but to me, it is something I truly value.

I have never spoken about this before, but birthdays are something I treasure. not because I have a reason to celebrate, to eat something special, to spend extra more for a gift, but rather birthdays are what I always see as a thanksgiving "feast". Hence, I always value birthdays. It is a day where we, or maybe I, can be truly grateful that I made it another year, and much to be thankful for surviving yet another year and having the chance to live life still. Whether the life we are living is not what we have wanted, but having able to celebrate a birthday proves you have come a long way to be where you are and be thankful for it, and also be thankful that you still have the chance to build the life you always wanted.

Birthdays, to me, are always for being thankful. For the people who celebrate with me, I am thankful for their presence no matter what is our relationship i.e. family, friends, or colleagues, their presence matter. I always believe in the importance of being present. even silently present, it already speaks a lot.

Therefore, I have a lot to be thankful for, particularly this year. A lot have since changed since my last birthday, and I am truly thankful for the change that happened. I had the chance and took it and never look back ever since.

Whatever that happens now and the future, I can only hope and pray for the best. I have come a long way to be where I am today and to be who I am today. I can only say Thank You God for everything. I am happy.

Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

unworthy

A Year Older...

I'm Not The Only One